Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Director of Engineering
Current Company, 2017 - Present
I manage and operate the engineering team at AirFox, specifically the zero rating software initiatives. I'm intimately involved with all aspects of the engineering process and ensure that what we build achieves our business objectives.
- Lola Travel, 2015 - 2016, Software Architect, lead front-end development of Lola's software used by travel agents.
- Apperian, 2010 - 2015, Engineering Manager, architect of mobile application management platform, designed and productized "App Wrapping" technology to modify applications without access to their source code.
I solve problems using software. I'm especially interested in early-stage companies. I provide the technical vision and execution required to succeed in the marketplace. Contact me if you have an interesting idea or company and would like my assistance.
- Full-stack development. Front-end, back-end, mobile, web, low-level, architecture.
- Android / iOS mobile development, both native and Cordova / Ionic / React Native
- Modification of compiled applications and application management using retrievable policies (Application number PCT/US2014/025397)
- MS Computer Science, Boston University, expected graduation 2017
- BA Computer Science, Boston University, 2011
I own a business that manufacturers and sells networking equipment with a VPN stack built into the operating system. A companion mobile app makes configuration super easy.
I needed a markdown editor that could be customized, and not require buy-in to a framework. Lots of projects would display rendered markdown, but there was nothing to easily create it, so I built my own.
I discovered a niche investment product that had many thousands of investors but no mobile apps. The investment platforms also had open API's. So I created LendingClub Order and Prosper Invest, sharing much of the code base between them. I'll be creating another app in the same industry soon.
I made this on a lazy weekend several years ago, it's a fun demonstration of Dijkstra's shortest path algorithm.
- The ‘Story of Mel’ Explained
- How to Decompile and Analyze Android Applications
- Succeeding at Personal Programming Projects
- Good engineering design decisions for startup companies
- All Writings
If you need assistance, don't hesitate to reach out. If I can't help you directly, I probably know someone who can.
Rocky is a Rock Star